Regional Manager (Dallas, TX)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Project/Program Management
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: G4S Technology
G4S Business Unit:US - G4S Secure Integration
Closing Date: May 31, 2017
The incumbent is responsible for overseeing all operations for all projects within a specific geographic region or a particular market segment, including but not limited to: contract negotiation, contract management, material procurement, permitting, planning, scheduling, financial reporting, quality assurance and control, safety, and monitoring contract performance. Also responsible for overseeing and managing all staff for the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Is ultimately responsible for the on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
- Ensures that the requirements of each contract and each customer are fulfilled.
- Serves as the primary contact for the customers on issues related to the contracts and the construction.
- Enforces a strict safety program that focuses on accident prevention. Maintains a safe work environment for employees, subcontractors, visitors, and the general public. Monitors compliance with the company’s safety policies.
- Ensures that all activities on the projects are conducted in such a way that protects company assets and adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Manages the preparation of strategic plans, budgets, reports, and financial forecasts.
- Manages the staff at the project locations to include hiring, training, evaluating, counseling, and, if necessary, terminating. Assesses manpower needs and adjusts the staff appropriately.
- Supplements the Business Development and Project Development Departments in identifying and developing new business opportunities in the region. Assists in contacting, qualifying, and pursuing leads for new business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A minimum of seven years of progressively more responsible field construction and management experience. Any discipline acceptable, but civil, mechanical, security or electrical preferred. Desirable work experience includes engineering, contract management, QA/QC surveillance and or estimating. Supervisory experience required. A working knowledge of the following software is desired: Microsoft® Excel, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Project. A BS/BA degree in civil, mechanical, electrical, or construction engineering preferred but not mandatory. An equivalent combination of education or experience will be considered.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction contracts, construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to upper management and public groups as necessary both in written or oral formats. Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports. Should possess good customer service abilities along with refined grammar skills. The position may require a lot of interaction with other departments and field employees and outside calls are frequently fielded and must be handled in a professional manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly splits time between work in a semi-quiet construction office environment and on construction sites, where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels. Some travel is required.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Secure Integration?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems
- Over 20 Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
G4S Secure Integration is a systems integrator that brings innovative, flexible and cost efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and electronic security systems. For over two decades, we have offered commercial, industrial and governmental clients an efficient single point of contact for all their project issues. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers around the world, G4S Secure Integration takes great pride in delivering outstanding technology, superior customer service and a great return on investment.
G4S Secure Integration has deployed over 2 million fiber miles in more than 200 metropolitan and rural areas and completed over 1,500 large-scale, electronic security systems projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East.
Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, G4S Secure Integration is managed by executives from the telecommunications, construction and security industries. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.g4s.us or call (866) 221-5641.
We offer an attractive, competitive compensation plan, an outstanding comprehensive benefits package, and significant opportunity for professional growth and advancement in the rapidly expanding security/telecommunications industry. We strongly encourage inquiries from qualified women and minority candidates. While interest from all applicants for employment with G4S Secure Integration is genuinely appreciated, we can respond only to those candidates with qualifications closest to the job requirements. For confidential consideration, please visit http://technologycareers.g4s.com/ and apply on-line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor