Security Technician III (San Leandro, CA)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Installation/Maintenance/Repair
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: G4S Technology
G4S Business Unit:US - G4S Secure Integration
Closing Date: May 31, 2017
The successful candidate’s primary role is to be responsible for service calls including but not limited to: hardware and software repair and maintenance of warranty and extended warranty projects. In addition, this position will assist in the installation and completion of electronic security projects for various customers. Candidate will understand the policies, procedures, standards, and the goals of the organization and will direct the execution of all aspects of service and installations with those in mind.
- Self performs and manages all service calls of intrusion detection, access control, and video management and data communication systems. On-site work will include troubleshooting of head-end computer systems, field hardware, field devices and sensors, and communication infrastructure including fiber optic cables.
- Completes service status reports (hard and soft copies), and other documentation as required. Use of software reporting (Service Center) a must.
- Organizes and coordinates service calls and preventive maintenance with Clients to discuss service activities, changes, and developments with the customer and site personnel.
- Provide warranty service, including replacement of defective material and repair of faulty workmanship within two days.
- Provide maintenance service for the warranty period, including at least two semi-annual visits to site for checking and adjustment of equipment.
- Answer service calls within 24 hours.
- Maintenance calls shall be completed within five days of notification.
- Software/firmware maintenance: new releases or updates of hardware, software, technical and alert bulletins released by the access control manufacturer shall be applied to the system.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- During downtime of service calls, candidate shall assist the Project Manager and project specific Superintendent with installation projects.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Low voltage systems or related field with six years of field experience or equivalent combination of collegiate education and experience. Must have extensive knowledge of electronics, computer programming, as well as site service and installation experience. Employees should also be adept in the use of the following or similar systems: Software House, Nice Systems and Genetec. Experiences in AMAG, Lenel, Honeywell and Hirsch Electronics will be considered. Successful candidates must be able to pass drug screening and possess a valid driver’s license.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, and other documents. Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly may split time between work in a semi-quiet construction office environment and on construction sites, where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels. Travel is required.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Secure Integration?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems
- Over 20 Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
G4S Secure Integration is a systems integrator that brings innovative, flexible and cost efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and electronic security systems. For over two decades, we have offered commercial, industrial and governmental clients an efficient single point of contact for all their project issues. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers around the world, G4S Secure Integration takes great pride in delivering outstanding technology, superior customer service and a great return on investment.
G4S Secure Integration has deployed over 2 million fiber miles in more than 200 metropolitan and rural areas and completed over 1,500 large-scale, electronic security systems projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East. Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, G4S Secure Integration is managed by executives from the telecommunications, construction and security industries.
We offer an attractive, competitive compensation plan, an outstanding comprehensive benefits package, and significant opportunity for professional growth and advancement in the rapidly expanding security/telecommunications industry. We strongly encourage inquiries from qualified women and minority candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor